ode to beb I

Some things i have always wanted to tell you but i hesitate because you hate dramatic declarations and god knows i've submitted you to enough of that to last a lifetime.

Saying sorry now doesn't really do anything. Especially since it's maybe 9 sorries too late. No matter, i believe i owe you one anyway. For always trying to walk away. Somewhere along the line, i may have fallen out of love, or gotten disillusioned. Or i thought i did.
Or maybe subconsciously i'm waiting for a someone who'll always follow me whenever i walk away. It was selfish of me. I apologise.

But would you believe that i love you still? But it wasn't the love that started this relationship.
It's a love that that has survived so many broken illusions, that has had to take off it's rose-tinted glasses, that is open to pretty much anything you have to throw at it now.

I can't help it, you have the ability to make me laugh and smile even when i think my world has crashed around me. I wished i had that effect on you.

This relationship, i'm sure has taught you so much, as it has me. And i hope the experience hasn't made you bitter. It doesn't become you. Not the you i've come to appreciate. I just want you to know that I've been so proud of you. I've always wanted the best for you, supporting you, even when it didn't seem so (i blame my over-criticising genes).

Why bring this up now, you ask. When the wound has dried off and only a tiny scar remains.
Because we have to constantly remind ourselves the roads we've chosen. Knowing we didn't
choose lightly.

You keep telling me not to expect anything from you. Baby, i stopped crying over you a
long time ago. At the end of the day I won't lie to myself.

i say this because, no matter what, your friendship is precious to me. More so that your love? Perhaps. Or maybe it's a mixture of both. You know i've always been bad at letting go.
Maybe i need you to love me, even if it's platonic because i know i'll always be slightly in love with you.

Commentaires